1 whole chicken roaster or 3 bone-in chicken breasts, fully cooked in a large stock pot or slow-cooker crockpot, stock reserved
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium carrots, cut in ¼-inch slices
3 medium celery ribs, cut into ¼-inch slices
3 cloves garlic, minced
64 oz chicken stock
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
8 oz uncooked egg or kluski noodles
- De-bone fully cooked chicken; chop chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil. Add carrots, celery, and garlic; sauté until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to the vegetables the reserved stock, extra chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add uncooked noodles; boil for at least another 15 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Add chopped chicken; stir and simmer through for another 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 cups.