1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and softened
3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven at 400°F. Lightly spray a 12-count cupcake tin.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl or food processor bowl.
- Add butter, and blend together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add cream; stir until crumbs are damp and hold together.
- Divide mixture into 12 parts, and pat into 12-count cupcake tin covering bottom and sides of each cup.
- Bake in oven at 400°F oven until crust is golden for about 10 -12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before filling.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Whipped cream for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs until well-blended.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160°F and coats the back of spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Cool to lukewarm about 90°F; stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour evenly into crusts.
- Chill for 6 hours before garnishing and serving.
Makes 12 mini tartlets.